This eggless chocolate cake recipe is the best ever cake recipe I have made, it is super soft and taste so delicious. I have shared a simple chocolate frosting method, but you can enjoy it plain also. I suggest to do the frosting as it taste more yummy with the double dose of chocolate flavour, using good quality cocoa powder is the secret to make this cake taste good. Do give a try to this chocolate cake recipe and surprise your family and kids.
Checkout my other baked goodies also
Recipe Cuisine: World | Recipe Category: Baking / Desserts Preparation Time : 45 Mins | Makes : 1 medium sized cake
Maida / All purpose Flour – 1 Cup
Cocoa Powder – 2 tblsp
Butter – 1/2 Cup
Condensed Milk – 3/4 cup
Milk – 1/2 Cup
Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Vinegar/ Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 3/4 tsp
Salt – 2 pinch
1. First get ready with the ingredients, butter should be in room temperature only. Take a large bowl, add butter and whisk a little. You can use a hand whisk or electrical blender also.2. Now pour condensed milk, whisk it well till smooth consistency. Do it in the same direction. Then using a sieve, sift APF and cocoa powder.3. Then add baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift everything well to avoid lumps. Now add the sifted dry ingredients to the butter – condensed milk and whisk it for a while. 4.Now pour vinegar, essence and warm milk. 5. Whisk everything well until smooth and soft . Fold it gently not vigourously. The batter should be in just pouring consistency not liquid form. Brush a baking pan / tray with oil and dust it with some flour all over. Select a suitable size tray as the cake doubles in size. Now transfer the cake batter to the tray / pan. Level the top with a knife and shake a little so that the air bubbles release.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 180c for 15 minutes. Now place the tray in the oven and bake it for 30 to 35 minutes at 200c or till a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Once it cools down, run a knife through the sides and gently tap to remove the cake.
Delicious chocolate cake is ready, slice it and enjoy. If preferred do the frosting over the cake, I have shared the method below.
Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Butter – 1/ 4 cup
Powdered sugar / icing sugar – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – 2 tblsp
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Milk – 1/8 cup
1. Arrange all the ingredients to do the frosting. In a bowl add butter, powdered sugar and cocoa powder. 2. Whisk a little. Then pour milk and essence. 3. Whisk everything evenly to smooth and creamy consistency. With a knife / spatula spread the chocolate frosting on the cake and also to the sides. If the frosting is runny add little icing sugar and if its too thick add 1 tblsp of milk to trouble shoot it. Keep it in refrigerator for 2 hours, so the frosting will set. Sprinkle some icing sugar / cocoa powder / chocolate shavings or decorate the cake as per desire.
Chocolate Cake Recipe
1. For healthy version All purpose flour can be replaced with atta, but the cake will be little dense.
2. Vinegar can be replaced with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar also.
3. Don’t skip vinegar as it gives softness to this eggless chocolate cake recipe. 4. Baking powder cannot be substituted with baking soda, both are different. 5. Butter can be replaced with any oil, as with butter it solidifies after 2 days and becomes little hard.
6. Always use the butter at room temperature, else melt the butter a little and use it.
7. Sift all the dry ingredients to avoid lumps and even mixing. 8. Always select the correct size baking tray, else once baked the cake over flows. To avoid this fill only 3/4 of tray with batter.
9. Don’t over bake the cake, else it turns hard. After 25 minutes keep an eye on the cake.
10. Baking time varies from oven to oven, so read the manual carefully.
11. Do the frosting only after the cake cools down completely, else the cake crumbles.
12. After the frosting is done, refrigerate for 2 hours for the frosting to set.
This site is copy protected. Please do not copy the pictures without permission. Your comments are really appreciated. Bloggers do not give link backs. Thanks for visiting this space.
Welcome to my blog www.asmallbite.com. Thanks for reading my blog! I hope you’re enjoying my recipes to make the taste forever. I am Priya Santhamohan, writer cum photographer (with hubby’s help) of this blog. Read more…