Choco Chip Cookies Recipe | Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
This Choco chip cookies recipe is also called as drop cookies from the United states invented by chef Ruth Graves Wakefield in 1938. Though I have done lot of baking items from cookies, muffins, cakes till pizza’s all through these years and have at least little knowledge in baking, I was somewhat skeptical to post baking recipes. But I myself don’t know the reason? As Christmas and New Year festives are round the corner, I am getting so many request from my viewers to post some related recipes and here is the first baking post eggless chocolate chip cookies in ‘asmallbite’. Also stay tuned for some more interesting recipes.
1. At what texture the dough should be ?
The dough for this choco chip cookies recipe should not be too sticky or too dry. If the dough is too sticky, add little APF to the dough, if added more the cookies turn dense and taste different. If the dough turns dry just sprinkle little milk and knead again.
2. Why my cookies turn hard and taste bitter?
If you knead the dough very tightly and bake for more than the mentioned time it turns hard. Also it turns bitter and smell burnt.
3. What is the correct baking time and temperature?
a. Baking time and temperature varies from oven to oven. If using microwave oven, use convection mode and bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 180c.
b. The baking time will be almost the same for OTG. Place the wire rack in the center and make sure that the bottom rod alone is heated, that’s the bake mode.
4. Why my cookies are flat and don’t develop cracks on top ?
a. Check the expiry date of the baking soda / baking powder before use. If it’s old, the cookies turn flat.
b. Also if you knead the dough very tightly or flatten them too much before placing in the oven, the cookies don’t develop cracks.
c. I recommend to chill the dough in the refrigerator for minimum 1 hour and then proceed.
d. If butter is added more than the mentioned quantity, the cookies will be flat.
1. Adjust sugar as per your sweetness for this choco chip cookies recipe.
2. I used brown sugar for nice color but regular sugar can also be used.
3. Always use butter at room temperature or else melt the butter a little and use it.
4. Sift the dry ingredients for even mixing.
5. For healthy version APF can be replaced with wheat flour.
6. The number of the cookies varies on the size of the dough balls rolled.
7. Don’t over bake the cookies, else it turn hard and gets burnt.
8. Baking time differs from oven to oven. If you make thin cookies it gets done within almost 10 to 15 minutes. If thick it takes around almost 20 to 25 minutes.
9. I baked my cookies in OTG and it was thick and the baking time was nearly 21 minutes.
10. Shelf life of this eggless chocolate chip cookies is 2 to 3 weeks at room temperature.
Search On the Blog
- Appetizers (1)
- Baked Goodies (5)
- Beverages (9)
- breakfast (18)
- Chats (1)
- Chinese Recipes (1)
- Christmas Recipes (3)
- Chutney Recipes (9)
- Curry Recipes (3)
- Dessert (22)
- Dinner (6)
- Diwali Recipes (8)
- Dosa (1)
- Easy Dinner Recipes (1)
- Festival Recipes (16)
- Ganesh Chathurthi Recipes (3)
- Gravy (1)
- Homemade (5)
- Idli (5)
- Jams (1)
- Juice Recipes (3)
- Karthigai Deepam Recipes (4)
- Kerala (1)
- Kuzhambu Recipes (10)
- Lunch (8)
- Main Courses (1)
- Mango Recipes (6)
- Navaratri Recipes (5)
- Onam Recipes (3)
- Pongal Recipes (2)
- Popsicles (2)
- Poriyal (5)
- Rasam Recipes (2)
- Rice Varieties (14)
- Salads (2)
- Seasonal (1)
- Sidedish (12)
- Snacks (24)
- South Indian (6)
- Starters (6)
- Street Food (3)
- Summer Recipes (5)
- Sundal Recipes (5)
- Sweet Recipes (20)
- TamilNadu (2)
- Tiffin Items (7)