Chilli Idli Recipe | Chilli Idli Fry Recipe
Chilli idli fry recipe is a merge of Indo-Chinese cuisine. Idli’s are cut into cubes, deep fried in oil, tossed with onion, capsicum and some sauces. If you don’t prefer deep frying, the idli’s can be shallow fried, but the original recipe calls for deep frying. Kids who hate to eat idli also likes this chilli idli recipe. The leftover idli made in the morning, can be used to prepare this recipe and we have a happy feeling that we have not wasted any food. It is also a delicious and great dinner idea.
1. Don’t use fresh idli’s as it will break into crumbs while cutting itself.
2. Use any left over idli or refrigerate for 2 hours and use it.
3. Never freeze the idli’s, as freezing changes the taste and texture of the chilli idli recipe.
4. When frying don’t over crowd the idli’s as it will start sticking.
5. If the idli’s stick to one another, refrigerate for another 30 minutes and refry again.
6. Fry the idli’s until very crispy as it doesn’t becomes soggy after tossing in sauces.
7. You can also shallow fry the idli or fry it in tawa with little oil.
8. Don’t over cook the veggies, it should retain its crunchiness.
9. Don’t add soya sauce more than mentioned as it will change the taste and colour of the dish.
10. This chilli idli fry recipe tastes good when served hot.