Carrot Poriyal | Carrot Stir Fry Recipe
Please follow and like us:
Carrot Poriyal is a very simple and easiest poriyal, but it tastes yummy too with hot steamed rice and Sambar. I was reluctant to post this basic recipe, but I thought it would be helpful for beginners and bachelors.
Recipe cuisine – Indian
Recipe category – Lunch side dish
Preparation + cooking time – 30 Mins
Serves – 3
- Big Onion – 1
- Carrot – 3
- Green Chilli – 2
- Sambar powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Moong dal – 2 tbsp(optional)
- Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Urad dal -½ tsp
- Jeera – ½ tsp
- Red chilli -1
- Hing – 1 pinch
- Curry leaves- few
- Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Peel the skin of carrot, wash and chop onion and carrots finely. soak moong dal in water for 1/2 an hour.Drain the water.
2. Heat the kadai and temper with the items given under the table ‘ To Temper’. Add onion,green chillies and fry till transparent.
3. Now add carrot, Sambar powder and salt.Sprinkle little water and add soaked moong dal. Cook covered for 5-6 minutes in low flame.Finally add grated coconut and mix well.
Serve this simple carrot poriyal with hot rice and Sambar.
1. You can omit moong dal and add grated coconut only.
2. Add a pinch of sugar while cooking, to retain the color of the veggie.