Cabbage Pakoras | Cabbage Pakoda (Fritters) Recipe
Please follow and like us:
I have already shared Onion Pakoda recipe, if you have been bored with regular onion pakoda, just replace the onions with cabbage and you can get yummy cabbage pakoras. We can call this as Cabbage Pakoras or crispy cabbage Fritters. Regular cabbage or purple cabbage can be used for this pakoras. Lets learn how to prepare this Pakoras
Recipe Cuisine – Indian
Category – Snack / Starter
Preparation + cook time – 30 Minutes
Serves – 3 to 4
- Cabbage – 2 cups
- Besan flour – 4 tbsp
- Rice Flour – 2 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Green Chilli -2
- Garlic – 2 pods
- Ginger – 1 tsp
- Red chilli Powder – 1tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Cooking Soda – 2 pinch
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – For deep frying
1. Clean and chop cabbage lengthwise. Chop green chilli, ginger and crush garlic. Clean curry leaves.
2. In a large bowl, mix everything (except oil) listed in the table given above. Sprinkle very little water to bind the mixture.Check for salt and chilli powder. Add one small ladle of hot oil and mix well.
3. Heat oil in a kadai and drop the pakora mixture in a sprinkled way. Fry the pakoras in batches, till they turn crisp and golden brown. Drain it in kitchen towel.
Serve it hot with tomato ketchup.
1. For variation add little onions with cabbage.
2. You can use the same ingredients by replacing onions with cabbage for onion pakoda.
3. Addition of ginger and garlic in the batter helps in easy digestion of Cabbage Pakoras.
4. Pakora batter should be in the right consistency, not watery or too dry.
5. Adding ghee gives nice flavour and softness to Cabbage Pakoras.