Cabbage Curry | Muttaikose Curry
Muttaikose Curry or Cabbage Curry is a very simple yet healthy one and can be prepared within minutes. The only messy part is chopping the veggie, that too if you use a food processor for chopping the veggie, the task would be finished quickly. Though i prepare varieties of curry items, sometimes my choice would go to these type simple curries. I have learnt this recipe from Jaya Tv, Revathi Shanmugam’s mam show. Let see how to prepare this recipe.
2. Addition of fennel seeds is optional for this Cabbage Curry but the original recipe calls for fennel seeds.
3. You can replace fennel seeds with Cumin seeds also.
4. Adjust chilli powder as per your spicie level.
5. You can also add one green chilli for more spiciness.
6. Just add the mentioned turmeric powder, since the colour of the curry gets darker as it gets cooked.
7. Don’t add too much of water, just sprinkle water while preparing, or else the muttaikose curry turns mushy.
8. For variation 1 tomato for tanginess.
9. Additionally you can little green peas or carrot to this cabbage curry.