Aloo Bonda Recipe | Potato Bonda Recipe
Aloo bonda recipe / potato bonda recipe is perfect tea time snack, prepared from boiled potatoes, tempered with some spices and deep fried in besan flour batter. This bonda is a popular street food found everywhere from small tea stalls to big restaurants with slight variations according to the regions. It tastes so yummy when had with coconut chutney and piping hot chai.
1. After pressure cooking, don’t mash the potatoes to a paste, else it will not retain the shape.
2. Adjust chilli powder and green chilli as per your spice level to this potato bonda recipe.
3. Don’t skip ginger as it helps for digestion, due to the gastric effects of potatoes.
4. Veggies choice in the masala / stuffing is purely optional. Carrot, green peas, capsicum etc. can be used, or you can make simply with potato alone.
5. Little mint leaves can also be added to get more flavour for this aloo bonda recipe.
6. The batter should not be too thick or too thin, just in the dosa batter consistency.
7. Once the batter is prepared don’t gives resting time, else it absorbs more oil.
8. 1 tsp of ghee can be added to the batter which lends an excellent aroma.
9. Rice flour in the batter mix, gives crispiness to bonda, so I recommend using it.
10. Fry the bonda’s in medium flame only, so you get a golden brown colour.
11. Addition of lemon juice is optional only, but it gives nice tangy taste.