Ada Pradhaman Recipe | Kerala Ada Payasam | Onam Recipes
Ada Pradhaman is a dessert similar to Payasam usually prepared during Onam or Vishu. It is prepared with Ada (Rice flakes), coconut milk, jaggery and it is must recipe to end the Onam Sadhya (feast) menu. Now a days we get readymade ada which makes the preparation of this dessert simpler. But I feel that the ada made from scratch gives original and authentic taste to this recipe. I have tasted this Ada Pradhaman in Sanjeevanam restaurant here in Bangalore, couple of years ago, during the Onam Sadhya lunch menu and I had never tasted such a yummy Ada Pradhaman till today. Lets go to the recipe.
Wish you all a Happy Onam 2016
1. ‘Paagu Vellam’ gives a dark yellow colour payasam. I used regular jaggery only.
2. You can use ready made coconut milk also, but this dessert tastes good with freshly extracted coconut milk
3. I used store bought ada, the ada used was little bigger. If using small variety, just soak for 15 minutes.
4. Soaking and cooking time varies on the size of the ada.
5. A pinch of dry ginger (sukku) and roasted cumin powder can also be added to this Kerala Ada Payasam.
6. Payasam thickens with time. To adjust consistency pour little boiled milk or coconut milk to dilute.
7. Don’t miss to add fried coconut bits which is the highlight of this Kerala Ada Payasam.